Hello there

Instagram

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Korea Travelogue // Bonjuk & Share Tea

I've been to Bonjuk before and I thought my family would really enjoy the porridge so that's where I brought them. We went to the branch in Hongdae because it was near where we stayed and I didn't want to travel all the way to Myeongdong just to have it.


We opted for 3 porridges. The first one is their Beef Seaweed Porridge and it tasted soooo good. The porridge itself was pretty tasty but the seaweed and the beef added a more savoury taste which is amazing. This is definitely my favourite porridge out of the 3 that we ordered.



The second bowl that we ordered is their Abalone Porridge (and we added more abalone inside) which apparently is their most famous porridge. I'm not a huge fan of this because I don't like abalone but my family seemed to really like it so I guess it must have tasted really good.


The last bowl is their Sweet Pumpkin Porridge which is another more popular choice and I don't know how I feel about it. I don't really like pumpkin and it was really paste-like which isn't what I expected in a porridge but my family once again seemed to like it so I guess it's all good.


I was really craving for bubble tea so we popped into Share Tea for some milk tea. I love love love bubble tea, not necessarily the pearls inside, but I love the type of milk tea in bubble tea and after spending a good 1.5 weeks in Korea, I was dying for some.

But just to put this out there, bubble tea in Korea is CRAZY expensive. No joke. The average cup of normal milk tea in Singapore is about $2-$3 depending where you get it. But in Korea, the average cup is probably $5-$7?! It's insane really.


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...