Hello there

Instagram

Friday, January 23, 2015

Korea Travelogue // Trick Eye Museum & Ice Museum

When we were in Seoul, we visited the Trick Eye Museum in Hongdae. It isn't the first TEM I've visited before (I've been to the one in Jeju; you can read my post HERE) and the concept of all TEMs are usually the same.

The Trickeye Museum is an art gallery with paintings created using 'trompe l'oeil' techniques that give each 2D art piece the illusion of being in 3D. Instead of merely viewing paintings (as in a typical art gallery) visitors can interact with the paintings, posing themselves just right so that they look as if they are part of the original work.



The good thing about visiting the TEM in Seoul is that you get free entry into the Ice Museum which is located right beside the TEM! Be prepared to freeze your ass off literally because it was so cold (well duh, it's an ICE museum after all).

We were totally underdressed for the cold (I was wearing skorts lol) and we only managed to stay inside for maybe 15 minutes or so before we exited in a hurry.


I think both TEMs in Seoul and Jeju were pretty similar, the only difference being that the paintings in each museum were different. But in general, if you were to visit one of them, there isn't much point in visiting another one. I visited the TEM a second time because none of my family members have been to one before so I thought I'd bring them to give it a shot and I think we enjoyed ourselves inside, yes, my mum included!

Trick Eye Museum
Address:
| 357-1, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul Seogyo Plaza B2 |

Getting here:
1. Hongik University Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 9
2. Go straight for 150m, cross the road, and turn left onto Hongik-ro Street
3. Go straight for 120m, and turn right down the second side street (in between Tony Molly and Holika Holika)
4. Continue straight for 100m and you will arrive at the Trick Eye Museum to your right

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...