Hello there

Instagram

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

USA trip (Part 1)

Ok so most of you know that I'm currently in the States now and I'll be here till the 6th of June, Sg time so I'm going to blog about the first two days I spent here since I won't get the chance to when I go to the national parks cuz there isn't wireless internet there.
Primitive huh.

Ok so I stayed up till 3am on Saturday (14 May) night cuz of last minute packing and to finish up the daily letters I wrote to the boy and had to wake up at 6am on Sunday (15 May) to do the packing of toothbrush and whatever I had to use in the morning before heading to the airport.
Reached the airport at about 7.30am and waited for my aunt and grandma to come before checking in our luggage all together.
Had Wang Cafe for breakfast cuz I was mad hungry and ordered Mee Siam!

Photobucket

Looks good huh!
So mum and I went inside to get a card reader cuz mine spoilt and I went to the lancome counter to take a peek.
PLEASE LORH walao no wonder everyone keep going to airport to buy and not to the counters. MAD CHEAP.
But of course the selection much smaller but the prices SO. MUCH. CHEAPER. SIGH.

So anyway we were running late so we went straight to board the plane afterwards and we were like one of the last few to go in cuz the waiting louge was totally empty LOL.
First time we're so late.
But still, the plane was delayed for like 15 minutes :(

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had to transit at Seoul and the flight was about 6 hours or so and I spent it reading the Kris Shopping guide thing and watching movies!
Re-watched The Tourist and I Am Number 4. Hahahaha sibeh bo liao I know.
Had lunch on the plane and take a look at the pictures of the clouds!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Mad chio right!!
Totally wished clouds were strong enough for us to like walk on them and fluffy enough to bounce on.
Totally dream-like~~~~~~~~

Transited for an hour at Seoul before boarding the same plane headed to San Francisco (SF).
Flight was for 10 hours and I barely slept for less than 2 hours.
Took pretty photos of the sunset!

Photobucket

Say hello to my grandma and my aunt!

Photobucket

This time round I watched so many more shows, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, How To Train Your Dragon, Little Fockers, The Mechanic......... MAD SPAM.
Good thing about planes is the free movies :)

Mad nuts cuz SF is 15 hours behind SG so I left SG on 15 May at 9.25am but after a (minimum) 17 hour flight (plus transit) I reached SF on 15 May, 12.45pm. LOL.
Longest day of my life!
I totally ate like 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 1 dinner. MAD FAT :'(

Reached SF (finally) and my aunt's friend, Uncle James, picked us up from the airport and brought us for lunch!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Had lunch at some Chinese restaurant and boy oh boy are the portions freaking huge.
Like their one person portion we need 3 people to eat??We had 6 people and we only ordered like Wonton noodle soup, Hor fun and Toufu with Brocolli.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We couldn't finish anything. LIKE REALLY. Barely even touched the hor fun you know -.-"
No wonder the people here are bigger sized than back in Singapore, Asia even.
#nooffence

Headed over to the Chinese supermarket next door to buy some noodles.

Photobucket
Photobucket

AND OMG TAKE A LOOK AT THE PRICES OF ALCOHOL HERE.
Chivas for $24.99usd???

Photobucket

Martel for 427.99usd???

Photobucket

AND BARCADI FOR $12.99USD????

Photobucket

Freaking hell??
I swear I'll be an alcoholic if I stay here, everything's so damn freaking cheap!
I mean even with the 9.5% tax included AND the exchange rate of $1usd:$1.24sgd, IT IS STILL MAD CHEAP.
Shit wondering if I should buy alcohol back.
LOL.

Photobucket

So anyway we headed off to Hillsdale Shopping Centre to walk around cuz it wasn't time to check-in yet and boy oh boy, PARADISE.
So many brands here!!!
Nordstrom, Bebe, Coach, MAC, Ann Taylor, Nine West, Forever 21, Victoria Secrets.................
SHIT YOU WILL HIGH DIAO PLEASE.
I see already can't even go into the shops cuz not enough time, only had time to grab a pair of walking shoes for mum and I, bought converse ones and mum bought ecco.

Headed to the Hotel, Residence Inn by Mariott, afterwards and I saw pretty houses on the way!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Mad chio hor!
I know yáll wished that you stayed here also right!! ME TOO.
So cute and pretty ok!

Photobucket

Checked into the hotel and it's so cute, like mini terraces!

Photobucket
Photobucket

The room is quite big and looks so warm and cozy.

Photobucket
Photobucket

And the best thing is that it has a loft!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Am sleeping up there with mum heh heh.

Photobucket
img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/snowgerz/P1050739.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Caught some pictures of the sky (it is so much prettier here) before the jet-lag took over and I zonked out on the couch all the way till 10plus pm (SF time).
Mad siao. I didn't even wake up when everyone was having dinner.
Woke up all of a sudden to do my masks and had the Chinese take out that they ordered before falling asleep again. HAHAHAHA. I AM A PIG.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Woke up bright and early (7 plus am) cuz mum is crazy like that and went for breakfast at 8 plus.
Came back and my aunt had to repack her luggage and then off we went to Marshall's, Target and Costco.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(I don't know if you can see but the people were totally carrying their packet lunch in their hands and crossing the road to their office. MAD CUTE.)

Photobucket

(Light green fire hydrant anyone?)

Photobucket
Photobucket

(Huge ass piece of turkey!!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(Pretty pretty pine cones.)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Stopped by Old Navy and OMFG so many chio bikinis!! Totally saw 3 that I'm going to go back and get.
Only took picture of the navy blue one to show Dawn cuz she asked me to buy one for her!
MAD CHIO RIGHT.

Photobucket

Shopped at Marshall's (bought a bag and a wallet, no pictures yet shall do my shopping loot in one whole post at the end of the trip!) before heading to the Pizza Hut in Target for lunch.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Had Starbucks as well!! :)

Photobucket

Starbucks is SO MUCH CHEAPER here. But the coffee taste is so much stronger so it isn't that sweet.

Photobucket

Headed to Costco cuz Uncle James' wife was to pick us up from there at about 6.20pm and we had to do grocery shopping.
Apparently the food in Yosemite is mad expensive and not so nice so we bought mad loads of stuff to cook/eat! SHIOK.

(BTW we didn't buy the stuff in the first 3 pictures. Just wanted to show how hugeass the portions are here in the States.)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket'
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So afterwards Aunty Mei (Uncle James's wife) picked us up from Costco and sent us back to put the groceries into the hotel before driving us to the ABC Chinese restaurant where Uncle James' family gave us a "welcome to USA" treat haha.
Didn't take any pictures of the food but it was AWESOME.
Hahahha, headed back to the hotel while mum and my aunts went to get the car we rented cuz we're driving out to Yosemite National park tomorrow morning.

OK this post has taken me hours to upload pictures plus type it out.
HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.
And please click on my nuffnang ads thanks!!

x

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...