Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Review | COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturising Lotion (with Birch Sap)

I have tried quite a few of COSRX's products and many people swear by them saying that they can do no wrong. I however, am not a fan of all of their products. Many of them were okaaay on my skin and didn't deliver amazing results. Products like the Centella Blemish Cream which has a cult following, I really didn't like how it sat on my skin. It also hasn't done much for me but that is another story for another day.


Today, I want to talk about what I did like from COSRX and it is their Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturising Lotion (with Birch Sap). What a long name.

This lotion contains 70% birch sap and exclusive ultra-moisturising ingredients to help maintain water deeply on and under the skin. It helps to improve skin tone and skin texture for hydrated skin. It is designed for oily, dry, and sensitive skin and helps to aid skin reconstruction while repairing damaged skin to enhance the appearance of the skin. 


The lotion comes in a translucent plastic bottle with a pump which I absolutely love! I love products that come with pumps, I also love that it is translucent so I can see how much product I am left with. There is 100ml of product which is great for travelling because you can actually take it with you on the plane if you like reapplying skin care products whilst in the air. Also, the packaging is pretty slim which also adds to its travel-friendliness, I find it easier to pack this in your bag than a tub.

The texture is very lightweight yet super moisturising at the same time so I can understand why they claim that this product is suitable for both oily and dry skin alike. When you first pump out the product, it comes out slightly cloudy but blends out transparent. I find that there's a surprisingly cooling feeling when you first apply it although the coolness gradually disappears as the lotion sinks into the skin. It dries down to a satin finish (slightly dewy) and my skin doesn't feel oily or sticky at all.


There is a slightly citrusy scent which isn't overpowering at all and quickly disappears once you blend the product out on your skin. 

I really like this lotion. Firstly, they substituted water for Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice (birch sap) which is great because most other products from other brands has water as the first ingredient. Secondly, I like how after using this, my makeup still stays put on my face. I used to skip the moisturiser step because I was afraid that by applying creams/lotions, my makeup won't apply properly on top of them and I don't have the patience to touch up my makeup during the day when I'm out and about. 

Thirdly, this worked wonders for my dehydrated skin. On a recent trip to Korea, I experienced really dry, flaky skin. The wind in Seoul is pretty strong, and when you spend most of the day outside, your skin is suffering from everything the elements throw at it. In Singapore, I spend most of my time indoors so my skin isn't used to dealing with the dryer climate, sun, and stronger winds. I came back every night with tight, dry skin. Thankfully I brought this lotion with me, applied a thick layer of it every night on my face and the next day, my skin feels a lot more hydrated, smoother, and softer. 

As a day (and sometimes night) moisturiser, I really love this and I'll definitely continue using this. My skin loves this lotion and I honestly have nothing bad to say about this.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...