Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Review | Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Moisture Watery Cream


After the somewhat disappointing Shea Butter Steam Cream from Nature Republic, I was a bit reluctant to use other Nature Republic products but this moisturiser has been sitting in my drawers for quite a few months and I didn't want it to go to waste so I whipped it out to try and I have to say, I was not disappointed this time. If you couldn't tell by the title of this blog post already, today I'm going to be reviewing the Super Aqua Max Watery Cream in the Moisture formulation from Nature Republic.



If you wonder why the packaging of the Aqua Cream from Nature Republic looks somewhat familiar, it is probably because it looks really similar to the Aquasource range from Biotherm. Of course they do not look exactly the same but knowing how Korean brands love to dupe products from the Western market... I'm just saying.

So the Aqua Holding System involved in the production of this cream prevents loss of moisture from skin with a moisture film that provides long-lasting moisture pack effect. Ingredients such as water-soluble collagen and lecithin make skin healthy by providing moisture and nourishment to dry skin all at once.


There are 3 different formulations to this cream, the Fresh Watery Cream for oily skin, the Combination Watery Cream for combination skin, and the Moisture Watery Cream for dry skin. I actually bought 2, the Combination and the Moisture one because my skin fluctuates from dry to normal. But today, I'm focusing on the Moisture Watery Cream.

The Moisture Watery Cream comes in a lovely pink plastic container and it contains a whopping 80ml/2.70 fl. oz which is a lot more than most other creams I want to say. It also does come with a spatula which I have since added to my collection of spatulas. Always a plus to have a spatula if you are concern about hygiene or if you simply don't want to get any cream in your fingernails.


The cream is a really lightweight gel-like formula which is surprisingly hydrating. I always feel like if you want to get a good hydrating moisturiser, you always have to look out for thick cream formulas but this one has definitely changed my perspective towards the thickness of creams indicating how hydrating a cream is. *cough* the Nature Republic Steam Cream *cough*

Given how hydrating it is, I like how it is easy to blend and my skin absorbs it really quickly. It does not feel heavy on my skin at all. It does leave a slight glow on my skin which is perfect because I don't want my face to look matte and flat.

The cream does have a slightly floral scent which I love when you apply it on the face. I don't find it overpowering at all which is great.


I usually apply this right before my sunblock in the day and then I proceed with my normal makeup routine and I was pleased to see that this cream does not affect my makeup at all, even without a primer. It doesn't cause my makeup to slip and slide or my face to grease up faster. There are some creams which I have to use at night simply because my makeup doesn't last with it on and I'm pleased to say that this cream isn't one of them.

Overall:

PROS:

  • Reasonably priced
  • Comes in 3 different formulas which caters to different skin types
  • Lightweight formula
  • Blends easily
  • Skin absorbs quickly
  • Not greasy and does not feels heavy on the skin
  • Hydrating
  • Light floral scent
  • Leaves a slight glow on the skin
  • Does not affect the longevity of my makeup
  • Does not break me out


CONS:

  • Packaging isn't very travel friendly

I really have no complaints about this cream and I can see why everyone loves this. I think it is a really simple, hydrating cream which is great for everyday use. The only gripe I have with this (and I was really trying to find a con) is that because the packaging holds so much product, it isn't travel friendly. That being said, I don't usually bring a whole tub of moisturise out with me when I travel so this isn't a huge issue for me either. I definitely recommend people with dry skin to give this product a try because I love it and I think it's great.



No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...