Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Review | Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick


I was so excited to get my hands on these Rimmel lipsticks because I've heard so many good things about them. The reason why I got these 3 particular shades from the Lasting Finish by Kate range is because of Zoella's video on her Top Drugstore & Highstreet Makeup Picks. If you want to know what I thought about these lipsticks, please carry on reading.


So firstly, let's talk about packaging. These lipsticks come housed in matte plastic tubes which look really chic with Kate Moss's signature on it and a heart beside it. These tubes feel sturdy and are coloured. However, the colour of the tubes do not correspond to the colour of the lipstick bullet inside. Thankfully, the coloured sticker on the bottom does so this makes it easier for those of us without x-ray vision to know which colour is which without opening every single tube of lipstick. I bought myself 3 shades, #107, #48 and #38.

At £5.49 (S$9.88) per pop, these lipsticks are far from expensive, yet the quality they offer is darn fantastic. The lipsticks swatch smoothly on the skin and are pigmented. Despite the fact that they feel lightweight on the lips, one coat is pretty much all you need to get a decent colour payoff.

These lipsticks are once again, not a true matte but leaves a sheen on the lips. If you want a true matte finish, then do use either a piece of tissue to dap away any moisture on your lips, or do a light swipe of loose powder on the top to mattify the lipstick.


These lipsticks feel comfortable on the lips and are only very slightly drying. I can apply them without using a lip balm first. That being said, they do not add moisture to my lips either. So I still recommend using a lip balm especially if you have dry lips. The darker shades, #48 and #107, do not emphasise any dry flakes or fine lines on the lips but shade #38 does. So be sure to moisturise them puckers before applying the lighter shade!

These last a decent amount of time on the lips, I can go 3-4 hours before I they start to fade, that is if I don't eat anything. When I eat, I find that the colour on the inner part of the lips fade first, leaving an outer ring of lipstick but that's normal for me and I wasn't surprised about it.

There is a slight fruity (berry?) scent to the lipstick but it isn't overpowering or smells like perfume so that's great.


The first colour I own is in the famous shade #107 and it is the most gorgeous dark berry-red shade. I am a sucker for red lip products and this was the first one that caught my eye out of the 3 I own. I love how it is bold, yet not the kind of in-your-face bold, if this makes any sense at all.


The second shade is #48 and it is a mid tone warm brownish nude. I have always strayed away from nude shades because I think that they wash out my complexion but this one looked really nice! I really like it but SH thinks this doesn't look great so I know this isn't a colour for everyone.


The last shade I have is #38 which is a light pinky nude. Once again, this is another colour out of my comfort zone but it actually looks really great. It is a nude that doesn't make me look pale or washed out and is perfect for days when you want a more natural lip. I have to say that this isn't my favourite because I love bold lips but I don't hate it.


The swatches side by side.

 (Left to right: #38, #48, #107)

Overall:

PROS:

  • Chic, sturdy packaging
  • Affordable pricing
  • Applies smoothly and non-streaky
  • Feels comfortable on the lips
  • Not drying
  • Pigmented, opaque colour
  • Darker colours do not emphasise dry flakes & fine lines
  • Lasts an average 3-4 hours
  • Fruity (berry) scented


CONS:

  • Colour of packaging does not match lipstick bullet
  • Does not add moisture
  • Not a true matte
  • Lighter colour emphasies dry flakes & fine lines
  • Transfers 


I really like these lipsticks and the fact that they are from the drugstore makes this even sweeter. Who says you can't get good lipsticks for affordable prices from the drugstore? I really like the darker shades (#48 and #107) because they do not emphasise all the dryness on my lips. #38 is a really pretty nude but I am still on the fence about it. I do think you definitely get a bang for your buck with these lipsticks and I will recommend them to everyone.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...