Hello there

Instagram

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Review | Innisfree Olive Real Cleansing Oil


For the longest time, the method I used to remove my face makeup has been either using cleansing milks or cleansing waters. I shy away from cleansing oils because of how the thought of applying oils on my face freaks me out, and I imagine oil seeds forming all over or touching my face and feeling a layer of oil on my face. 

Logically, I know that cleansing oils aren't like that and given the popularity of cleansing oils as a way to remove makeup, I thought I would give it a shot and try it for myself before forming a stance on this. Also, I didn't like how many cotton pads I wasted while using the cleansing water, and wiping off the cleansing milk with a tissue hurt my face some times when my face goes through a sensitive phase so it was high time I tried using cleansing oils because you don't need a tissue or cotton pads with an oil.

The cleansing oil I picked up is from Innisfree and it is the Olive Real Cleansing Oil. I know many people like this and I have to say that I quite like it as well. Let's get into the specifics.


So this cleansing oil is made from extra virgin olive oil and it contains 150ml.

Enriched with the best quality of extra virgin olive from Crete island, Olive Real deeply nourishes skin and retain moisture for healthy radiant skin.

With its rich moisturising ingredients and vitamin nutrients from the finest grown olives, this deep cleansing oil fully adheres onto your skin to remove and cleanse makeup and impurities left inside pores as it moisturisers and softens your skin.

It is a deep-hydration cleansing oil with organic golden olives,
  1. Contains antioxidants, olives, and vitamins
  2. The olive oil penetrates pores and removes impurities

Directions: Smoothly and evenly apply oil onto facial skin that has not been dampened yet. Add water as you massage with your fingertips to remove makeup. Based on skin type, rinse with lukewarm water or use Innisfree's cleansing foam for further cleansing.


The cleansing oil comes in a olive green plastic bottle with a pump at the top and a clip to prevent the pump from dispensing product if it is on the bottle. Now, I had a huge issue with this clip. When I first started using this oil, I couldn't figure out how to get the pump to dispense the product because I'm used to releasing the pump by pushing it down and turning the bottle till the pump just springs up. At least that's what I usually do for shampoos and conditioners so I thought it would be the same for this as well. I actually unscrewed the whole top of the bottle to pour some product out on my hand because I just couldn't use the pump. But I got SH to figure it out for me and he told me all I had to do is to pull the clip out. I felt quite stupid to be honest but there you go, just in case you faced the same problem as me, now you know how to solve it. 


The oil is transparent and very watery. You can tell how little its viscosity is by how it literally dripped down my hand as soon as I dispensed it. Because of how watery and lightweight the texture is, it spreads really well on the face and one pump is enough to remove a full face of makeup. 

It smells really good! Slightly fruity, like bubble gum? I am horrible at describing scents, I know, but trust me when I say it doesn't smell anything like olives.


To put its makeup removing abilities to the test, I have the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, SilkyGirl Go Matte Lip Colour in 03 Siren Red, Lancome Artliner and Tony Moly Cristal Blusher in 05 on my hand. I used half a pump and massaged the oil onto the makeup before rinsing it away. I don't know if you can tell but it basically removed all of it. It took a bit more time to remove the eyeliner but ultimately it still did.


After rinsing with water, my skin felt so soft and moisturised. It didn't strip my skin and leave it feeling dry at all which I really loved. My skin didn't feel greasy or oily at all in fact. I can actually go without using a facial cleanser on top of the cleansing oil but I'm a huge sucker for double cleansing so I usually top it off with a facial cleanser.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Lightweight and watery
  • Smells great
  • Removes makeup thoroughly, even eyeliner
  • Moisturising on the skin
  • Skin feels smoother and softer
  • Not greasy



CONS:
  • The clip was really hard to figure out

I love this cleansing oil and it has changed my whole view of cleansing oils to be honest. I really like how I don't have to waste any more tissue papers or cotton pads, and I don't need to feel like I'm hurting my face whenever I remove my makeup. I also really like how it doesn't strip my face of moisture and my face feels clean, but not too clean. I would recommend this to everyone but I may not repurchase it just yet because I want to try other cleansing oils first.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...