Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Review | Aritaum Wannabe Cushion Tints


I have never done a lip product review before because although I have ten thousand different lippies, I don't ever get around to using most of them because I have extremely dry lips that flake all the time so I avoid using lippies on most days to be honest. But I have been on a roll recently because I am determined to put them to good use instead of sitting around in my room in boxes so the first brand I got around to using is Aritaum.

I bought 4 different shades from the range Wannabe Cushion Tints and so far I have been loving every single one of them.




All of them are brightly packaged with the product on one end and a sponge on the other end. I believe that you're supposed to use the sponge end to blend the colour to achieve a gradient lip, which is the current lip fashion in Korea. You can also use the sponge to blend out the colour if you don't like a really bold lip but since I like bold, bright lips, I don't use the sponge end at all.

The colours that I've got are all matte which is new to me because I don't usually go for a matte lip.


The colour payoff is amazing. If you do not want a really strong lip colour, you can choose to apply one layer and blend it out. But I prefer bold lip colours so I usually apply 2-3 layers and it comes off really pigmented. I have hand and lip swatches below!

Just a disclaimer, I took the lip swatches on different days so my outfits are different, also, the lighting may be slightly different although I took them at around the same time every day.

The first colour I have is No. 6 Bell and it is a gorgeous pinkish red. I really like this colour! I like how it helps to brighten up my complexion. I love to use this one on days when I want a bright lip colour.


The second shade is No. 12 Jean and it is a darker reddish salmon shade. Okay, I know, I am really bad at describing colours (and scents) but it's just a darker red compared to Bell but it isn't a pure red. This is probably the colour that I like the least out of all 4 colours, not because it isn't nice but just because the other shades are nicer.


The third colour is No. 14 Sugar and it is a light orange shade. This is probably the most wearable colour for normal everyday use if you're not into bright, eye-catching shades. It is more orange than it looks on my lips and the colour is closer to the swatch on my hand. I feel that pale shades like this isn't for everyone because it may wash out some people's faces so this is something that you probably have to take note!


The last shade is No. 15 Serene and it is the most gorgeous shade of bright orange. One of my favourite lip colours definitely has to be orange and I like how an orange lip is pretty common these days, but yet stands out.


All of these tints are scented and I really like how they smell because they smell fruity/florally. But if you're not a huge fan of scents (like my mum), you may want to stay away from them because the scent is pretty distinct. The scent doesn't linger however.

The lasting capabilities of these tints are amazing. I can apply them before eating and they last throughout the whole meal. Even when my lips are really dry and flake, the flakes that I peel off my lips are coloured. It's insane. It does transfer slightly so the first few times you drink from a cup, there will be lipstick stains. But it does stain your lips so after it stops transferring, there will still be colour left on your lips.

One thing to note though, these aren't moisturising at all. In fact I would say that they are pretty drying. They also tend to accentuate any dry patches on your lips so I really have to make sure that my lips are properly hydrated before I apply them if not I'll feel like my lips are on fire because they get so dry.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Amazing colour payoff
  • Strong lasting power
  • Creamy
  • Easy to apply due to the shape of the product
  • Very affordable
  • Pleasant scent
CONS:
  • Drying on the lips
  • Transfers slightly
  • Accentuates dry patches

I honestly like this tints and I think they're worth trying even if they are on the dry side. There are just so many different colours to choose from and they're always releasing new colours all the time. Aritaum is one of my favourite brands to shop at for good and affordable lip and eye make up so definitely check them out if you have the chance to do so!


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...