Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Review | The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher in 05 Peach

My favourite blusher for the past 4 years has been Lancome's Blush Subtil Rose (I have a separate review on it coming up soon!) Sadly, not only did I hit pan on my previous one but I also accidentally dropped it on the floor and cracked the whole thing :'< I was soooo upset honestly because that blusher has served me so well.

When I went to Korea last year, I noticed how so many brands were carrying peach blushers and I was pretty psyched to give it a try because I've never tried one before. I decided to go with The Face Shop's Lovely Me:Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher in the shade 05 Peach Cushion. (I just realised in the photo below, the blusher was upside down heh sorry!)




It comes in this lightweight, round, cardboard container which is pretty small (you can see the size comparison with my hand and my hand isn't the biggest) so it's really convenient to bring around if you want to touch up your make up on-the-go.

It contains a pretty decent 5g or 0.17 oz for the price. I can't remember the exact price of this blusher but I remember it being pretty affordable, like less than $10 affordable.


This is what the inside looks like. It comes with a super cute puff, a plastic sheet separating the puff and the blusher and the blusher itself.

I don't like to use puffs because I feel that they do not distribute the product evenly on my face. I prefer using brushes for my powder products so this puff is just sitting on my table.


And here's a swatch of it on my hand. I feel that it's pretty pigmented, so a little goes a long way! I pick up a bit on my brush, tap off the excess and then sweep it on my cheek bones.

I haven't read many reviews on the peach cushion but I did notice that most reviews online said that these blushers from The Face Shop (the other shades, not the peach one) are not the most pigmented and they have to build the colour up by applying 2-3 layers for a natural/sheer look. I, however, feel that one layer is more than enough for me. Maybe the peach cushion is more pigmented than the rest?


Overall:

PROS:

  • Really affordable
  • Comes in a compact container which is convenient to bring around for touch ups
  • Pigmented
  • It really is a lovely colour


CONS:

  • Comes off as slightly chalky sometimes
  • Doesn't smell great
  • Doesn't last very long
  • May not suit everyone

I have been really enjoying using this on my face when I want to switch up my look a little bit. I love how it does not come off as an orange streak on my face but does give a subtle peach coloured glow to the cheeks. 

It does have the tendency to come off chalky on my cheeks which I am not very fond of. Also, it doesn't last very long, maybe 4-5 hours? And, I've realised that peach isn't a colour that is suitable for everyone. Even for myself, I have to choose my clothing colours and my eye shadow/lip stick colours carefully if not I feel like I will look like a hot mess. Definitely consult someone if peach suits your skin colour before venturing out to get this blusher.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...