Hello there

Instagram

Monday, August 17, 2015

Whisk & Paddle

To celebrate Charisse's birthday, Cheryl and I surprised her by turning up at Whisk & Paddle when she thought that she was having lunch with her boyfriend instead. Like he literally got a table, sat down with her, told her he was going to the toilet and left. Then, Cheryl and I appeared haha. She got the biggest shock of her life and I'm so glad this surprise was a success!



Despite venturing over to this part of Ponggol quite a few times before (I'm usually here for the prawning or to get my Popeyes mash potato fix), I've never noticed Whisk & Paddle before. I think they only opened recently? 

I really like the open air concept. It was relatively cool and windy that day so it wasn't insanely hot which was good. I don't know how cool it would be on a hot day though so it is probably best to head over when it isn't too hot. Also, make sure you pack on your mosquito repellent because it is located in an area with loads of plants so you'll never know when those little buggers will attack.


Cheryl usually goes for the more unconventional drinks and this time she went for the Black Sesame Latte ($5.50). Ground black sesame with frothed milk (caffeine-free). Charisse and I feel that it looks more like a cookies & cream drink haha.


Charisse went for the Passion Fruit Lime Lychee ($6.90).


I went for the Iced Latte ($6.50) and was pleasantly surprised when they did it with espresso cubes! After visiting Roast Coffee in Bangkok, I've been in love with this genius idea of making ice cubes out of espresso shots. This keeps the coffee cold and undiluted at the same time. The coffee here was really smooth and I didn't even have to add sugar to it at all. 


And now, moving on to mains. Because I wasn't the brightest person around (and of course I didn't read Cheryl's messages to me properly), I had a heavy brunch before meeting them. Thus I couldn't stomach much food but I did give each dish a taste!


The first dish we ordered was Waffles with a choice of Bacon & Scrambled Egg ($10). Honestly, I thought this was a bit of a disappointment. The waffles were served soggy because of the scrambled eggs and the scrambled eggs weren't even that fantastic. Definitely not the best savoury waffles I've had. I think Roosevelt's Diner & Bar did this dish much better.


The next dish we ordered was the Macaroni & Cheese ($12.80). Macaroni, honey baked ham and onion cooked in pink sauce and cheese. Pink sauce aside (what is pink sauce anyway?), I thought this dish was pretty good! I've been developing a unusual fondness for macaroni dishes (both the Western mac & cheese and chinese macaroni soup) and this dish was on point. The macaroni was slightly charred which provided a crunchy texture and it wasn't overly cheesy. I just wish they gave a bit more ham.


And since it was a birthday celebration, we definitely cannot go without a birthday "cake" now can we? We got the Berries Rose Tart ($7.50) which wasn't on the menu but tasted amazingly good. The rose flavour came from the whipped cream. Now, I'm usually the biggest hater of whipped cream because I hate how it has this oily taste to it and it sticks to the top of my mouth. But this one was really lightly whipped and the infusion of rose into it just tasted sooo good. It comes with a meringue (also rose-flavoured) and it was really good!


With my fav Uni girls! Even though my degree is pretty much wasted considering it isn't what I want to do (maybe I'll use it in the future, who knows?) I'm so glad that this friendship came out of it. I literally wouldn't have survive through 3 years of school without you two by my side. Now that I'm starting studying all over again, I really hate how I don't have you two there with me but it's okay! I have faith by my side.


Also, our original plan was to go cycling but it sort of failed because there weren't any bicycle rental shops in sight so we walked over to the bridge that led to Lor Halus and walked back. Good exercise to walk off all the food I've been indulging in recently.


Whisk & Paddle
Address:
| 10 Tebing Lane, #01-01, Singapore 828836 |

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...