Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Korea Travelogue // Namiseom Island

One of the most beautiful places I've been to in Seoul has got to be Namiseom Island. Namiseom Island became popular because Winter Sonata was filmed there I believe, but it is truly such a wondrous place to be at, especially in the Fall. 



We went during early Fall so not many of the tree leaves have started changing colours yet which was a pity because my sister went to Namiseom a few weeks later and the Fall leaves were so majestic. Think fiery reds, yellows and browns all over, with a few green leaves peaking out. I would love to be there when Fall truly hits Korea.


There's a pretty large enclosure with ostriches in the island if any one is interested. I was really floored by how large these birds were and even managed to go up close with them!


When you head into Namiseom, at the first tree-lined avenue you see, be sure to spot your country's flag hanging alongside Korea's flag.


For those who are interested in seeing these furry little creatures, Namiseom has so many of them! You can literally catch them at every corner of the island scurrying away from humans although some of them are daring enough to come close in search of food.



We had lunch at one of the many eateries at the main food area. The food is slightly pricey than what you may find in mainland Seoul. The alternative is to pack food and find a scenic spot to have a litlle picnic! There sure are many scenic spots around that are relatively quiet if you move away from the main area of the island.


If you've seen my previous post on Namiseom (you can read it HERE), you'll know that my friends and I chanced upon this little bridge at the other side of the island and it was too pretty to pass up so I brought my mum and my brother over.

The good thing about it being on the other side of the island is that very few people bother to wander that far in and you can get decent photos without a whole lot of people in the background.


After the bridge, on your way back to the jetty, you'll pass by fields of... wheat? They make for pretty photos as well!




Definitely give Namiseom Island a go if you have the time because it really is too pretty to pass up. I went there once in early Summer and it was pretty as well!

Be sure to layer up and wear wind-proof clothing if you're heading over in the Fall or Winter because the winds are insanely strong and cold. I was wearing 3 layers and I was still freezing my butt off. Also, wear comfortable walking shoes especially if you're planning to explore the island.

How to get here:
1. Gapyeong Station
2. Take a taxi to Namiseom carpark (5-10 mins)
3. Take a ferry from Namiseom Dock to Namiseom Island (5-6 mins)

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...