Hello there

Instagram

Monday, July 6, 2015

Korea Travelogue // La Pomme Cafe

In a bid to finish all my Korea Travelogue posts, I'll be dedicating another week's worth of posts to my Korea Travelogue. Once they're done, I can finally move on to my BKK Travelogues! Keep your eyes peeled and check back to this space if you're interested in what I did in BKK~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst in Sinsa-dong Garousu-gil, my sister wanted to bring us to her favourite cafe in the area, Cafe Oui. However, when we reached the place, the cafe closed down? I'm not sure if they closed down/moved away/were close for renovations but either way, they just weren't open and the exterior of the cafe was boarded up.

Since we wanted to celebrate Mum's birthday, we went in search of another cafe to go to and chanced upon La Pommme Cafe.




I don't know if we were just suay but the staff there were kind of rude and unhelpful. When we wanted to order their patbingsu, the staff who took our order kept on going on and on in Korean that we cannot because it's for more than one person and my sister kept saying that yes she knows and we are going to share it. Then the staff went on that we cannot sit here then yadda yadda without actually taking our order. This took place in Korean so the rest of us couldn't understand what was going on at all.

After my sister translated what the staff said to her to us, we finally figured out what she (the staff) was trying to say. Apparently what she was trying to tell us that we had to order an item each and that she thought we only wanted the patbingsu to share and that's why we couldn't do so. Say what? I actually really hate it when cafes have this stupid policy.

And in any case, we intended to order a drink each so I don't see what's the problem? She didn't have to be rude about it and could have been more helpful by explaining clearer since we were obviously foreigners and she did not have to be rude about it.

We finally found another staff who was more helpful to take our order and soon after, our drinks arrived.

From the top in clockwise direction, Cafe Latte, Ice Mocha, Ice Green Tea Latte, Chai Latte.


We were offered free jug of tea I believe.


And then came the world's largest patbingsu. I exaggerate but really, it was HUGE. It took the 4 of us a lot of willpower to finish this gigantic mountain of shaved ice.


We also ordered a swiss roll to share, green tea flavoured of course.


Honestly, the patbingsu was not my favourite. I don't like coarse shaved ice which this one was. Also, the staff's attitude kind of put me off the whole place altogether. But I have read that there are people who really like the place so maybe I just got the short end of the stick this time round. However, I for one, will definitely not be heading back to this place.

La Pomme Cafe
Address: 
| 534-8, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul |

How to get here:
1. Sinsa Station, Exit 8
2. Walk straight and turn left when you reach the Tous Le Jours bakery at the corner
3. Take a left, then a right at the following block and walk parallel to Garousu-gil shopping street.
4. Go straight and you will see La Pomme Cafe on your right on the second floor.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...