Hello there

Instagram

Monday, June 15, 2015

Table Manners

THE WORLD IS ROUND, AND MANNERS AREN'T SQUARE.

At Table Manners, we are always gracious, sometimes irreverent. “Play” with your food and still ace your table etiquette. 

Build your own lunch platter with over 6,000 different combinations of dishes! Our tables are designed in a communal sitting style because good food is best enjoyed with company. Get to know us inside-out and your cutlery outside-in!


(Credit: x)




To celebrate both my birthday and Mother's day, my family and myself decided to pop by Table Manners because my sister recommended it. I really liked all the little touches that they added to the place.


I mean, how cool is this table mat? Conversation starters to relieve an awkward table? Perfect for gatherings with people you haven't met up with in ages! Or if you're sat beside some one you're not that close with.


This, too, is another cheeky little table mat. Knowing your date better through tables manners?


Also, this is priceless (and really true). When unsure of which cutlery to use, just use any confidently. Chances are that your date doesn't know either.


Even their napkins are super adorable?!

The other two pretty ladies in the family.


Pops is always suspicious of the camera haha.


We ordered a side of Truffle Fries ($7) to share and it wasn't too bad, albeit not the best I've had.


For $6.80 more, you get to add on the Soup of the day and an Ice Lemon Tea which was what my sister did. The soup of the day happened to be Cream of Mushroom which I didn't get to try :<


My mum went for their Lemongrass Tea in a pot ($6) because it was the most "natural-sounding" option that had.


Pops ordered a Lemonade ($4) which was super sour hahah.


Opted for my Ice Latte ($6) which wasn't too bad, and pretty smooth. Just realised that I didn't take a photo of my brother's drink but he opted for an Ice Mocha ($6).


For mains, my mum went for their Three Little Pigs ($18). Breaded pork cutler with garlic aioli, mash potato and house salad. Didn't really try this but the mash potato sure looks good!


Pops went for Combo Platter ($32) which consisted of 1/2 rack of TM ribs and Cajun spiced chicken leg with potato wedges and house salad.

I thought this was insanely expensive actually but I don't know. Do ribs usually cost so much?!


My brother ordered their Truffle Capellini with Organic Egg ($19). Angel hair pasta tossed with truffle salsa and bull's eye egg yolk.

He thought it was really good! There was a distinct truffle taste that wasn't too overpowering.


My sister opted for their Pasta Al Fungi ($17). Mushrooms, garlic and pesto cream with futtuccine.

This was not the best dish. My sister said that the pasta was too creamy and gelat. A few mouthfuls was enough for her to give up on the dish. Even my brother couldn't take it either.


I went for Louisiana Fried Chicken ($18). Southern fried Chicken with truffle fries, garlic aioli and house salad.

I love chicken and I usually believe that you pretty much can't go wrong with chicken. However, this wasn't that good IMHO. I don't like tendons and the meat was full of it. I managed to finish half of it before giving up because I just couldn't stomach it.


Now, I must say that the service here was superb. Whilst clearing away the plates, one of the staff (I think he's the owner though because of how he was dressed and the way he talked but let's just call him a staff because I'm not too sure of his position in the establishment) asked my siblings why they couldn't finish the pasta and my siblings gave him their honest answer. 

He seemed to take what we said seriously which was good because I mean you can tell he isn't asking to be polite but was genuinely seeking feedback. When he cleared my plate away, he also asked why I didn't finish my food and I told him it was mostly because I was full (partial truth 'cuz I was indeed quite full). I felt bad saying I didn't like it although on hindsight I probably should have.

Table Manners
Address:
| 5 Changi Business Park Central 1, Changi City Point - The Oasis #01-68/69, Singapore 486038 |


After dinner, I brought my family to my fav patbingsu place which needs no introduction at all.


Not the best photo but the best I could do with my arm haha.


Bing Go Jung Korean Dessert House
Address:
| 102 Guillemard Road, #01-01, Singapore 399719 |

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...