Hello there

Instagram

Monday, April 22, 2019

How I clear acne spots fast

Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I've been struggling with acne, specifically hormonal acne, for a very long time. I first started getting hormonal acne when I was around 19 years old and it has plagued me ever since then. The problem with hormonal acne is that you can't really stop the problem unless I go on medication to regulate hormones, so the best thing I can do is attempt to calm down the spots as fast as possible and try to prevent the pigmentation that follows a spot.

I've been trying out different products for many years and I finally figured out what works for my skin (right now). My skin is ever-changing so what works now, may not work in the future. So if you're interested in finding out what works for my skin to clear the spots up fast, please carry on reading.


I've figured out the 3 products that really help with my acne spots are the Ciracle Pimple Solution Pink Powder, COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch and Etude House Soon Jung 5-Panthensoside Cica Balm. I use these products in very specific ways that work right now and I'm so glad that I finally figured out. I'll explain why I said that as I go along but let's get started.

(Credit: x)

Firstly, I use the Ciracle Pimple Solution Pink Powder in the day time when I don't put makeup to dry up the spots that are forming (raised bumps that hurt, but do not have a white/yellow head yet) and to force the head to appear. The reason why I use this in the day time and not at night is because I move around when I sleep and I always rub the pink powder off onto my pillows which is just gross so I prefer using this in the day time. I'll usually just do my day time skin care routine before applying the pink powder directly on the spots as the last step.

The way to use this is to not shake the bottle, (a lot of people shake it and that's the wrong way to use it). Take a clean q-tip, dip the end directly into the bottle all the way to the bottom to pick up some of the pink powder that's at the bottom of the bottle, then coat your spots fully with the pink powder. Please do not double dip the same side of the q-tip into the bottle if you need more product! Just use the other end, or a new q-tip to do so. This product also contains effective ingredients like sulphur and salicylic acid to soothe, relieve and reduce present acne and future scars.

I leave the pink powder on my face for as long as I can, either till I wash my face at night, or if I need to go out in the evening, I'll wipe my face with a toner-drenched cotton pad before applying my makeup. I realised that by doing so, the pimple solution forces the white/yellow head to appear a lot quicker than if I didn't use it.

(Credit: x)

If the bumps do not have the white/yellow head, I'll apply the 5-Panthensoside Cica Balm from Etude House at night. This product is meant to soothe skin, reduce skin irritation and heal damaged skin. It is supposedly an innovative balm that contains a collection of calming and hydrating ingredients. Panthenol, a skin-benefitting compound closely related to Vitamin B5, delivers deep hydrating while madecassoside repairs skin damage. The addition of cica helps to further calm and soothe irritated skin.

I've read up on this product and a lot of websites recommend applying this balm on areas that require it or all over the face as the last step of the skin care. I tried applying it all over the areas that I tend to get acne but it just pits up and gets all gross on my skin. Right now I just use this as a spot treatment, I'll apply a thin layer of this only on my spots and it works similarly to the pink pimple solution in that it quickens the process by forcing the head of the pimple to appear, or the bump just gets smaller and more flat.

That being said, this isn't a miracle product. Similar to the pink powder solution, just because I apply it overnight, doesn't mean that the next day my skin looks all better, some times it takes a couple of nights before that happens, but typically, it happens a lot faster with this balm than if I didn't apply it to begin with.

(Credit: x)

The last product in the trio is the COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch. I love these patches because they work, or rather, I've figured out the way to make them work for my skin. I used to use the patches when the spots were forming, (the painful bumps that do not have a head on my skin) and the patches just didn't work and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrongly. Also, I used to use the patches after my full skin care routine and the patches couldn't stick properly on my skin.

The best way to use these (for me) is on freshly cleansed skin without applying any products prior, and only when the head of the spot is finally out. Whenever I use the patches this way, by the time I remove them, the patches would have sucked out ALL the gunk from the spot and then some. You can literally see the little bump of gross pus and whatever is in a spot on the pimple sticker. It is so disgusting and yet so satisfying at the same time.

It comes in 3 sizes which a lot of people seem to love, but I have a love-hate relationship with it. I get that the idea of having different sizes is so that we can choose the best sized patch that fits the size of the spot. But I find that I never ever use the biggest sized patch, so I have a bunch of those that are just sitting in the packet. I only use those when I want to finish packet, or when I have 2 spots that are close to each other so I'll use one patch for both.

(Credit: x)

I have yet to figure out a way to lighten my acne pigmentation quickly yet but one thing that is really important to not make them more obvious is sun protection. I have been an advocate for using sun protection for years. The sun emits both UVA and UVB rays and to make what is what easier, think of UVA as ageing rays (A for Ageing) and UVB as burning rays (B for Burning). UVB rays are a lot easier to protect against, by wearing sleeved clothing, we can prevent the sun from tanning our arms right? But UVA rays are the ones that are a lot harder to protect against and they're a lot more prevalent whether or not the sun is shining brightly. Sun screen is so important because UVA rays are the leading cause of premature ageing and I have yet to meet anyone who wants to look older than their age, unless you're a teenage trying to buy alcohol while underage, or trying to sneak into a M18/R21 movie.

I have been using sun protection for years, even when I'm at home with no intention to leave the house. But I do have my moments when I'm just lazy and I refuse to apply one more product on my face. The Sunprise Must Daily sun lotion from Etude House isn't a HG for me but it's the one I'm using right now. I like how it doesn't leave a white cast on my face and spreads easily, but I still find it a tad oily on my skin.

There were a couple of days when I just couldn't be fussed with applying sun protection and my skin paid the price for it. During those few days, I felt that my face was a lot more red than normal, and the pigmentation on my face was just more obvious. People who have seen me without makeup previously started saying things to me like "why does your face look so bad today?" or "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SKIN". Nothing happened, I just got too lazy to apply sun protection and it made my pigmentation a lot more obvious and red than it normally looks. At first, I couldn't figure our what went wrong because I didn't change anything in my routine and my face wasn't breaking out. Long story shot, when I started reapplying my sun protection, my skin calmed down, stopped being so red and my pigmentation stopped becoming so obvious. Do not skip on your sun protection my friends!

And with that, I end this post. I hope this helps some of you with your battle against acne!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...